3 Best Snack Recipes For All Ages
Now that school is back in full swing, it’s time to check in with how healthy our snacks are. From pre-school to high school, here are great options that will make everyone happy.
1.) Baked sweet potato fries. Most kids, no matter their age, love French fries. Here’s a healthy, easy-to-make sweet potato alternative to the fast-food version. Sweet potatoes are full of vitamin A, which is essential for keeping eyes, skin, teeth and bones healthy.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 F
- Cut several sweet potatoes into 1-inch wide wedges
- Cover with olive oil and add a dash of salt
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, turning once.
- Let cool and serve!
2.) Veggie nachos. Loaded nachos don’t have to be loaded down with unhealthy ingredients. Try substituting your family’s favorite veggies for chips.
- Arrange thick-cut veggies on a platter (try bell peppers, zucchini and carrots)
- Top with low-fat cheese, sour cream, guacamole and ground beef
- Heat in the oven until cheese melts
3.) Eggplant pizza. Try healthy twist on another favorite: pizza!
- Cut eggplant into quarter-inch thick circles
- Coat in olive oil
- Roast or grill until eggplant starts to turn tender (about 15-20 minutes in an oven at 400F)
- Top with your choice of cheese, tomato sauce, olives, and other traditional pizza toppings
- Broil until the cheese melts, about 3-5 minutes