Dallas Orthodontist: 5 Reasons Why Adults Should Consider Braces
There is often a stigma of braces being associated only with teens. With modern technology, times have changed, leaving many adults using an “orthodontist near me” search to find an orthodontist in their area that can give them the smile they’ve always wanted. From braces to Invisalign, adults have plenty of options to look forward to when thinking about transforming their smile. Our Dallas Dentists from Castle Dental is serving up five reasons why adults should be considering braces at any age. If you’ve been considering getting braces for a while and don’t know where to start, consider using a Dallas dentist near me search to find dentists and orthodontists in your area for your first consultation.
Adults more than ever are realizing the value of a straight smile. While looks and confidence are one thing, a boost in oral health is another. Your smile stays with you throughout your lifetime, and is a valuable piece of your everyday life. Braces aren’t just for teens anymore. Adults, here are five reasons you should put your best smile first:
1. Your smile matters at any age
Age 20 or 60, your smile is still important. It’s your way of expressing the best version of yourself, whether it’s in your personal or professional life. Your smile lends a first impression to those you meet, and knowing you’re putting your best foot (err…teeth) forward can make a big difference in your sense of self-confidence. You can’t put an age on feeling great everyday, which is why braces have become more and more popular into adulthood. Getting that smile you’ve always dreamed of can be attainable at any age. Because it stays with you the rest of your life, it’s always a good time to start.
If you’ve been avoiding straightening your teeth for some time, you may have already formed habits with how you interact with other people. For example, if you’ve been embarrassed by a crooked smile maybe you’ve held back from smiling in photos at memorable events, covered your smile when you’ve started to laugh, or simply kept your teeth hidden at all times. Whatever it is, a new smile can alleviate any burdens about your smile that you may have placed upon yourself. A new smile can leave patients with a renewed sense of self – happier and confident.
2. Your teeth are still moving
Natural movement among your teeth happens, regardless of your age. Adult teeth are a bit different for orthodontic treatment, as they’re less malleable than they were in your teens. This can make treatment last longer, or can alter the type of treatment you can get as an adult. Several factors go into the state of your teeth as an adult, all of which can impact your orthodontic treatment.
One issue adults face more than children or teens is their risk for having developed gum disease. Over time, a lack of poor oral hygiene can leave your teeth prone to gum disease. If this has developed into periodontal disease, your teeth may be much looser as your connective gum and bone tissue has weakened. Many adults seeking treatment may have also had treatment when they were once a teenager. As teeth are constantly moving, a lack of wearing a retainer can greatly impact how your smile develops. You may have once had straight teeth, and have found they’ve shifted around a bit over time. Whatever the reason, you’re simply left with what you can do now. With so many orthodontic treatment options to choose from, a new smile is available to you whenever you decide.
3. Your oral health
The value of your oral health can’t be understated. We use our teeth every day to talk, to eat, to express ourselves. Straightening your smile does more than just look good and give you self-confidence. It can also greatly boost your oral health. Straighter teeth are easier to clean and take care of. With crooked teeth or a misaligned bite, plaque and bacteria find it much easier to build up in hard to reach areas. Straight teeth can help lessen the likelihood of developing gum disease, cavities, and uneven wear on tooth enamel. If it’s been awhile since your last teeth cleaning, search a Dallas dentist near me and you’ll find several Castle Dental locations that can assess the health of your teeth. This is a great start in determining if you’re ready for orthodontic treatment.
4. You have treatment options
The beauty of modern technology when it comes to orthodontic care is that as an adult, you have more options than ever before. Figuring out your preferences and lifestyle habits can help determine which braces are the right type for you. Use an orthodontist near me search to find a Castle Dental location closest to you for your first consultation. During your consultation, your orthodontist can see which type of braces would be best to straighten your teeth, and then go over options based on what you’re looking for. A quick overview of what’s in store when it comes to orthodontic treatment are:
- Traditional Braces. This is what most people think of when they begin to picture braces and straightening their teeth. Traditional metal braces use stainless steel brackets and wires to push and pull your teeth into a new sense of straight! Today, brackets are much smaller than they once were, making them less noticeable. Patients can also choose from different colored elastic bands – those that are loud and colorful, or others that are the color of your teeth. Traditional braces are often the most inexpensive option for straightening teeth, and typically have a quick treatment time. They can fix most issues when it comes to your teeth.
- Ceramic Braces. Also known as “clear” braces, ceramic braces are a great option for patients looking for treatment that isn’t as noticeable. The brackets used are colored the same as your tooth enamel, allowing them to blend in with your natural smile. The wires used can also be white or a frost color, minimizing their appearance. Ceramic braces are an alternative for patients who need the method of straightening their teeth the same way that traditional braces do, but with less of the metal look. Ceramic braces are typically more costly than traditional braces, but less than other options.
- Lingual Braces. These braces often get swept under the rug as an option for patients to consider. However, they can be a great option for some patients. The technology behind lingual braces have the brackets and wires placed behind the tooth, so it’s hidden from the naked eye. This option doesn’t typically work for patients with particularly small teeth. It also requires a skilled hand from a professional orthodontist, as the application and maintenance of lingual braces can be more intensive than other types of braces.
- Invisalign. An option for adult patients looking to straighten their teeth with the least noticeability is Invisalign. Patients often say it’s the “invisible” option because it can be difficult for peers and colleagues to know you’re even straightening your teeth at all. Invisalign uses clear aligners made of BPA-free plastic. They fit nice and snug to your teeth, as they use 3D technology to mold the plastic to your teeth creating a customized treatment plan. Patients will go through a series of aligners, gradually shifting their teeth over time. Invisalign doesn’t work for all patients, as it can’t fix issues like the need to rotate canine teeth or move teeth vertically. Discuss your dental issues with your orthodontist to determine the right treatment plan for you.
5. You can find affordable treatment
The best part about considering braces as an adult? They’re affordable. With so many options to choose from, the right kind of braces will be up to you. Whatever you decide, Castle Dental has several locations in your area that work to make all options affordable. Traditional metal braces tend to be the least expensive, ranging anywhere from $3,500 to $5,500. Invisalign can typically cost more than other options, as the treatment plan is completely customized to you and your needs. However, knowing the exact cost will be based on your current smile and the orthodontists in your area. At Castle Dental, offices have payment plans and flexible payment options that patients can use to their advantage. With no interest, this can be a great way to budget for your new smile.
We also accept most insurance plans and you might be surprised to find your insurance covers the treatment option you’ve chosen. If not, sometimes particular Castle Dental offices run promotions and offers for different orthodontic treatment options. Search for an orthodontist near me and you’ll find several locations in your area. You may be closer to a new smile than you first thought!
Orthodontist Near Me
Being an adult should never hold you back from a new smile. With so many options to choose from, straightening your teeth has never been as easy as it is today. You’re smile is valuable to you and those you share it with. Let our staff at many convenient Castle Dental locations guide you through your smile journey. If it’s braces or Invisalign you’re looking for, our specialized team has got you covered. You can schedule a consultation by visiting us online, or calling us at 1-844-700-7645. We love to smile big here in Dallas. We’re ready to help you get there.