A Kid’s Summer Camp To-Do List
If you have kids going away to camp this summer, it’s a great chance for them to learn about responsibilities and independence. This goes for personal hygiene, too. Before they take off, make a simple checklist of habits that they should do every day at camp. You can even laminate the list so it survives the trip!
- Brush teeth 2x a day for 2 minutes (after breakfast and before bed).
- Set a timer if you use one.
- Floss every day.
Tip: Pack your kids a fun, new toothbrush to bring to camp, plus toothpaste and floss.
Hands & nails:
- Wash hands with soap and warm water after every bathroom use and before eating.
- If needed, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Clip off hangnails and keep nails short to stop dirt from collecting.
Tip: Pack hand sanitizer in case it’s hard to keep hands clean at camp.
Body & hair care:
- Use a wash cloth with soap to wash yourself.
- Shampoo and condition your hair.
- Wear shower sandals in the shower.
Tip: Pack a shower caddy that can hold everything kids need. Don’t forget other items they normally use at home, like hair detangler, lotion, deodorant, face wash, and brushes or combs.